Good morning friends!
I hope your Thursday is off to a great start! Just knowing that tomorrow is Friday, is already making my Thursday amazing! This mornings breakfast was surprisingly not yogurt. Instead, I had a plain egg omelet. I did not photograph it because I sadly forgot my camera at home, and the Blackberry camera is
terrible not that good. I’ve really got to get on the Iphone train!
Anyways, onto more important things! This morning I saw this fabulous survey on Julie’s blog. The questions are cute, and it’s not that long so I decided to chime in!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Definitely hot chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa always “bags” all of our gifts, and then sets them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have white lights outside, colored lights on our “little kid tree” and white lights on our “adult tree”…overkill much? Maybe!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Not in my house we don’t, but when Matteo and I had a Christmas party at his old apartment a few years ago, we made sure to hang one up!
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
We usually hang up our decorations the week after thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Well my family is Italian so on Christmas Eve we have and excessive amount of seafood. I’d say my favorite dish is either the lobster pie or the calamari salad mmm!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Its hard to pick just one because I have so many! One in particular is that every year one of my uncles would dress up as Santa, knock on our door on Christmas Eve, and hand us gifts! We totally bought it until about 9 years old!
8. What is on your Christmas Wishlist?
Honestly I have been shopping for other people so much this year, that I haven’t even really thought about what I want. Bags, shoes and jewelry are among some of my favorite things so I won’t be surprised if I see one of those items under the tree!
9. Do you open up gifts on Christmas Eve?
When I was kid we opened the gifts from my dad’s side on Christmas Eve, and the gifts from my moms side on Christmas day. Now we just open everything on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We decorate one of our tree’s with white lights and silver and white ornaments. The other tree is called the “kids tree” and on that one we have colorful lights, and mostly plastic ornaments that my brother and I made when we were little.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
I HATE SNOW! I use to say the only time snow is good is when school is canceled!
12. Real tree or fake tree?
I’ve never had a real tree, so I’ll have to go with a fake tree.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
It’s hard to pick just one favorite gift, but I love my macbook computer that I got 2 years ago!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Getting to spend time with my whole family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Like I said before, my family is Italian so every Christmas Eve my mother cooks over 10 different types of fish. I love seafood, so I’d say this is my favorite tradition.
17. What tops your tree?
One tree is topped with a bow, and the other is topped with fancy streamers that somewhat resemble fireworks!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
When I was younger I clearly preferred receiving, but now I love giving as well! I love seeing the reaction on my family members and friends faces when they open the gifts I bought them!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
All I want for Christmas is you (The Mariah Carey version is great).
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
I could take them or leave them.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Elf, The Holiday, Miracle on 34th Street and The Grinch.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Chips Ahoy and Milk!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Just to open the presents in the living room with my family!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Both! It has been hard for me to get to the mall lately so I have done quite a bit online.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Card! My mom still makes my brother and I (and my dog) take an annual Christmas picture. I love it!
What are some your favorite Christmas traditions?